Welcome to this page of resources dedicated to supporting your healing and freedom journey when it comes to the battle of OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). Please be sure to check out the other resource pages on Mental Health, Anxiety and Depression.
Note: The previous link to the OCD Help Mailing list is now directed here to this resource page.
I have found that many Christians who have OCD tendencies struggle to find support for what they battle. Through my own journey of healing and overcoming, learning to work through OCD battles has been a major part of my life.
It is my prayer that through the insights I have learned, you will be blessed to process your own healing journey. My approach is to provide insight to the root system of our hearts that need to be addressed, while also providing practical application to walk into greater freedom.
Listed below is a reference of important resources you can take advantage of to work through your own OCD battles. No matter where your battles focuses on, every one of these resources will be helpful to address your journey.
My Personal Journey with OCD
The 7 Distortions of OCD
- There is an entire resource page on Perfectionism
- Are You Obsessive Compulsive About Fixing Yourself?
Religious OCD and Scrupulosity
Religious OCD Helps
Getting to the Heart of OCD Struggles
These broadcasts will help direct your attention to the root issues of the heart that need to be addressed when it comes to working through obsessive compulsive issues.
I documented a special resource to specifically address the battleground of relationship OCD or what is also called relationship substantiation. In this broadcast, I share my own journey and what I have found to be incredibly helpful for the healing journey.
OCD Influenced Relationship Struggles
Intrusive and Unwanted Thoughts
Areas Where “OCDers” Get Stuck
OCD, Spiritual Warfare and Deliverance
The Fear Factor and OCD
It is necessary for you to get equipped in how you deal with fear, anxiety and worry.
More Thought Distortions and Insights:
Practical OCD Insights:
Obsessive Compulsive Q&A Episodes
- 11:27 Biggest Problem with Intrusive Thoughts
- 18:27 Could Horrible Nightmares be a part of OCD?
- 26:20 I Struggle with Scrupulosity OCD Please Help! 50:26 Were You Completely Delivered from OCD?
- 58:41 Have You Ever Seen People with Really Bad OCD Overcome It without Medication?
- 1:06:26 How Do You Distinguish Between Ignoring a Thought and Doing What the Bible Says?
- 1:16:30 When Should I Go No Contact?
- 1:21:35 Is Foreboding a Part of OCD? Can that be a Separate Thing?
- 1:22:14 I’ve Been Struggling to Express and Articulate My Emotions to God and Others Because I’ve Conditioned Myself to Suppress Them from a Young Age. What Steps Can I Take to Open Up My Numbed Heart?
- 1:30:02 How Do You Deal with the Fear of Being in Denial? (Mark talks about his fear of going to hell.)
- 5:00 How to Deal with Intrusive Thoughts
- 15:53 I Have a Controlling Boss and I Am Obsessing About It – How We Can Compulsively “Edit” Our Conversations Afterwards
- 29:50 Mark Shares About HIs Worship Leader, Singing and Worship Pastoring Experience
- 34:46 I Want to Learn to “Starve” the Thoughts
- 38:20 I Fear that I Am Searing My Conscious If I Didn’t Obey the Controlling Demands of these Thoughts (7 Distortions)
- 44:56 Would you say that learning to worship by yourself is heart healing? The power of worship and praise for the OCD struggler.
- 51:25 How Do You Go Back to a Church that Fed Your OCD
- 53:25 Coming to the End of Yourself
- 54:30 I Struggle with Doing Actions in the Name of the Devil
- 56:32 Learning to Practice Emotional Safety Towards Yourself
- 59:56 Cult Behavior of Churches
- 1:00:46 Freedom at First Feels Too Good to be True
- 1:03:47 Confusion Over Self-Love
- 1:06:00 Misuse of How the Church Communicates Salvation
- 1:10:37 I Struggle with “God Will Only Use Me When I Am Fixed”
- 1:14:55 So if God has called me to preach I feel like I have to give up my dreams because it’s something I’m so passionate about and I understand it so well I get scared God will take it away from me
- 1:17:34 I can obsess over where I’m at in life and how I feel like I’ve fallen behind, and can go into the trap of comparison, which leads to insecurity and jealousy. How do I best get out of this trap?
- 1:19:16 I feel so called to preach and speak but I don’t want to street preach and that thing freaks me out. I want do similar to what you do Mark on YouTube
- 1:21:17 What do you do when you can’t cry before the Lord?
- 1:22:17 How do I get blasphemous thoughts out of my head?
- 1:23:25 The Time Mark Led Worship at a Service Where 1 Person Attended
- 1:25:03 Do you try to fight blasphemous thoughts?
- 1:27:56 Obsessing over a promise I made to give God money
- 0:00 Addressing Your Questions on OCD
- 3:45 Feedback on OCD Questions we receive
- 7:55 The 7 Distortions That Feed OCD
- 18:40 How to help a sibling with scrupulosity?
- 28:00 How to help adult child with scrupulosity?
- 46:20 Intrusive Thoughts and Prayer
- 54:30 OCD Guilt and Confession to another person
- 1:09:00 Discussion on male/female relationships
- 1:14:00 Consuming thoughts affecting relationship w/God
- 1:23:30 Can OCD Sufferers Hear God’s Voice?
- 1:28:30 Practical Prayer Help
- 1:31:00 OCD and Need for a Mentor?
- 1:33:50 Am I in Unbelief Because I Don’t Feel Saved?
- 1:35:30 OCD and Panic Attacks w/Confession Compulsion
- 1:37:00 How To Stop Negative Pictures Coming Into Mind?
- 1:41:50 Fear of Death, Anxiety, Panic, Phobia and OCD
- 1:49:20 How Do I Deal with the End Times and Fear?
- 1:59:00 Fear of Disobedience, Return of Jesus, believing “the right religion” and fear of sin?
- How do I deal with intrusive thoughts that arrive when I am reading the Bible?
- I feel like “I do not love God.”
- How to overcoming OCD regarding evangelizing people or praying for others?
- How does someone with OCD learn to take thoughts captive?
- How to deal with social media posts that trigger OCD?
- OCD regarding uncertainty around salvation.
- Is God withholding forgiveness from me?
- How do I break free from guilt that drives OCD?
- Struggles with OCD, self-hatred, depression and unbelief.
Melissa and I Talk About OCD
OCD Question and Answer Live Series
- 0:00 Discussions on OCD/Compulsions
- 9:50 OCD & Being Judgmental
- 12:50 OCD & Experiencing The Joy of Salvation
- 18:30 OCD & Religious Scrupulosity
- 22:35 OCD & Bible Reading
- 33:15 OCD & The Love of God
- 37:20 Marriage, Engagement & Relationship OCD
- 51:40 Religious OCD / I “Really Sinned”
- 1:08:00 OCD / I Am The Worst Christian
- 1:20:10 OCD / God’s Will In Relationships
- 1:22:00 OCD / Struggle With The Existence of God
- 1:25:20 OCD / Firing The Interpreter!
- 1:33:00 My Spouse Has OCD
- 1:43:50 OCD / Being A Highly Sensitive Person
- 1:46:20 OCD / New Employment
- 0:00 Intro into OCD Struggles
- 10:40 Dealing With The Past & Unconfessed Lies
- 29:40 Self Hate & Self Punishment
- 39:55 Distinguishing the Voice of The Holy Spirit
- 46:45 How to Get “Unstuck” Out of My OCD Prison World
- 58:26 Religious OCD & Driving
- 1:03:05 In Ministry with OCD and Dealing with Abuse
- 1:08:05 Still Trying to Fix My Thoughts
- 1:11:50 Christian Dating/Religious OCD
- 1:15:10 Is OCD Spiritual or Mental Disorder?
- 1:20:25 OCD and Desire
- 1:31:50 Guilt & Not Enjoying Anything
- 1:35:00 Being Transparent with My Spouse/Getting on Same Page
- 1:39:07 Going Over Question/Comments in Chat
- 7:10 Mental Health & The War Over God’s Love
- 15:40 Fear of man & Sharing The Gospel
- 31:40 Should I Pay Attention to The Anxiety?
- 32:45 Anxiety Over My Health Battles
- 35:15 OCD with Music
- 36:10 Can I My Progress?
- 37:30 Rejection Issues
- 40:00 Checking/Contamination OCD
- 42:04 Fear of Not Bearing Fruit
- 46:45 Needing Validation
- 51:20 Struggle with “The Want To”
- 52:48 Not Loving Children Unconditionally
- 54:00 Scrupulosity, Depression and Distorted Interpretation
- 1:11:25 OCD: past Mistakes and Sins
- 1:22:35 OCD: Vows & Curses
- 1:27:00 Relationship OCD
- 1:31:30 OCD with Decision Making
- 1:36:00 Unbelief
- 1:36:35 Seeing Specific Numbers
- 1:37:30 Ruminating
- 1:38:10 Processing Emotions
- 1:42:00 Being Ok w Music
- 1:43:20 Freedom From Guilt
- 1:46:45 Processing Negative Thoughts
- 9:25 Parenting a Teenager with OCD
- 54:35 I Feel Like There Is No Hope For Me
- 1:06:55 OCD/Conviction
- 1:14:30 Relationship OCD
- 1:23:08 Learning To Receive Love
- 1:24:20 Questions In Comment Section
- 1:27:00 Guilt /Confession
- 1:28:55 OCD During Prayer
- 1:31:45 Afraid Hobby Will Turn Into an Idol
- 1:33:00 Food/Sugar Addictions
- 0:00 Intro/Resources/Book Update
- 4:53 OCD Ramping Up in Intense Life Transitions Like Miscarriage
- 7:46 Harsh Black-and-White Thinking About Lacking the Fruit of the Spirit
- 16:18 Thought Stopping with Bible Verses and How to Replace Intrusive Thoughts
- 27:21 Divorce and Remarriage
- 28:03 EMDR
- 30:51 Repeatedly Checking My Bag Before Leaving the House
- 31:05 How Do I Deal with Guilt and Shame for Something I Did?
- 31:22 How Do I Stop Introspection Regarding Health Anxiety?
- 31:39 OCD Ramping Up on the Mission Field
- 32:15 Pressure When Praying Because I Don’t Speak Well
- 34:15 How Do I Deal with Constant Condemnation?
- 35:40 The Term “Biblical”
- 37:20 Does TULA Help OCD? (Total Unconditional Loving Acceptance)
- 38:45 Navigating Health Anxiety
- 41:55 Learning How to Feel Emotions
- 44:00 What’s the Difference Between Ruminating, Intrusive Thoughts, and Talking to Myself?
- 45:40 How Do I Tell My Boyfriend I Have Relationship OCD?
- 49:15 Intrusive Religious Thoughts
- 52:48 Anxiety About Romans 14:23
- 53:05 Legalism, Abraham/Isaac, Relationship OCD, and Handling Triggers
- 1:00:13 Should I Interpret Coincidences as Signs from God?
- 1:01:06 Dealing with Post-conversation Checking
- 1:01:47 Dealing with Doubt in Religious and Relationship OCD
- 1:05:10 Leaving Mormonism and Spiritual Abuse/Trauma
- 1:09:58 Fear of Evil and Sin, and Compulsive Cycles of Confession Prayers
- 1:12:29 Analogies: OCD Is Like a Stuck Clutch or a Dammed-up River
- 1:15:31 (Previous Question Continued) Praying Perfectly and Renewing Negative Associations with Certain Places
- 1:21:20 I Fear I’m Sinning If I Don’t Control Intrusive Thoughts
- 1:23:43 Fear of Committing the Unpardonable Sin
- 1:26:27 I Think the Holy Spirit Is Telling Me to Give Up My Girlfriend
- 1:29:56 More on Spiritual Coincidences
- 1:30:26 How to Know God’s Voice
- 1:31:11 Imperfect Reasons for Coming to God
- 1:31:29 End-Times Movies
- 1:32:15 Where to Start with Mark’s Resources
- 1:34:30 Hyperaware of Body Sensations (Health Anxiety)
- 1:36:18 Intrusive Thoughts Are Unwanted
- 1:37:03 Where Do OCDers Place Their Trust for Salvation?
- 1:38:13 Narcissism
- 1:38:56 What Does It Mean to Take In God’s Peace?
- 1:40:07 Outro
- 5:27 Do you have any experience with depersonalization or derealization?
- 8:09 What does the Bible mean when it says “Call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved”?
- 8:34 Should we be calling on Jesus and praying to Him and worshipping Him as much as our Father?
- 11:11 Who is God the Word?
- 16:30 How can I overcome when I am triggered by something?
- 19:03 How do you hear the voice of God/the Holy Spirit? 19:49 Are there any books in the Bible you would recommend to study?
- 39:11 How do you love unsafe people?
- 40:53 How do you deal with parents who inflame OCD and performance? 41:22 How do I stop fearing a bad event?
- 51:11 What does it look like for a man to be a leader in his home?
- 1:04:37 How can I practically take the pressure off of sanctification?
- 1:08:24 How do I get rid of the anxiety, shame and guilt I have when I spend time with God?
- 1:11:02 How do you know what God wants you to do?
- 1:14:49 What about existential anxiety?
- 0:00 Intro/Book Update
- 2:50 Submitting Questions
- 4:30 The Problem Is Not the Problem
- 8:45 What Is Life Like After OCD?
- 21:52 Salvation OCD About Predestination, and Underlying Depression (Audio Question)
- 43:03 Performance-based Identity and Ruminating Over Mistakes
- 47:48 Harm OCD in Life Transitions
- 52:04 How to Practice Being Present and Listening While the Thoughts Are Screaming
- 54:50 Struggling with Eye Contact and Post-conversation Replay
- 58:38 Spiritual Abuse and Intense Fearful Pressure to Evangelize
- 1:12:18 Withdrawal When Starving Compulsions
- 1:14:30 Intrusive Thoughts During Relational Connection
- 1:16:23 Religious Superstition and Pressure to Pray
- 1:21:38 Periods of Freedom and Periods Where OCD Worsens
- 1:24:02 Doubting My Belief and Salvation
- 1:30:52 Struggling with Certain Scriptures and Salvation Assurance
- 1:34:00 Prayer and Outro
- 0:00 Mark Emphasizes The 7 Distortions of OCD
- 7:45 Guilt Confession OCD about Relationships and Real Event OCD
- 19:55 Spinning Over The Holy Spirit
- 44:30 Making Difficult Ministry & Life Decisions with OCD
- 56:26 Obsessing Over Salvation & Unpardonable Sin (How Not to Give Up)
- 1:07:05 Postpartum, OCD & Psychosis
- 1:13:55 Romans 14: 23, Fear of Sin
- 1:19:00 OCD & Addiction Recovery
- 1:23:23 Real Event OCD & Charismatic Friends
- 1:30:55 Seeing Jesus & OCD
- 10:00 Intrusive Thoughts Against God
- 25:55 Child Obsessed with Video Games
- 33:30 OCD & In-Laws
- 36:50 Fear That I Was Never Really Saved
- 46:30 Relationship OCD & Passive Men
- 48:28 OCD & The Struggle To Receive Grace
- 52:25 Religious OCD, Authority & Living With Parents
- 56:12 OCD, Faith & Doubts
- 59:18 OCD, Remorse and Repentance
- 1:02:23 OCD & Idolatry
- 1:08:33 Religious OCD “It Doesn’t Sit Right In My Mind”
- 1:12:12 OCD, Indifference & Depression
- 1:15:08 Sensitive Heart Processing Mental Health
- 5:48 Religious OCD About Missions Work
- 13:35 What About Living In Boldness
- 25:03 Contamination OCD
- 26:56 OCD & Getting “Re-Saved”
- 38:48 OCD – I Accidentally Cheated On A Test
- 39:35 OCD & Making Promises
- 45:50 OCD & Medication
- 1:15:55 Marks Perspectives on Medication
- 1:38:35 Comment Section
- 1:41:30 Forgiveness & Healing
- 1:49:25 Salvation OCD
- 2:01:07 Healing Your Father Wound
- 7:10 Obsessive About Praying For Healing
- 16:52 Relationship OCD & Im Pregnant
- 29:35 Fear of Getting Closer To God/Spiritual Warfare
- 38:18 OCD & You’re Not a “Real Christian”
- 49:50 Melissa was putting stuff in storage LOL
- 59:25 OCD – Faces, Objects and Random Objects
- 1:01:55 My Wife Doesn’t Understand My OCD
- 1:17:35 Intrusive Thoughts & The Heart
- 1:27:40 I am Doubting
- 1:32:45 Comfort vs Compulsion
- 1:34:13 OCD & Getting Sick
- 1:35:10 A Fellow Counselor, Family Trauma, OCD, and Crippling Struggle
- 1:40:40 Fear and Anxiety When Praying
- 1:44:30 Name Being Called While Sleeping
- 1:47:10 Idolatry
- 15:10 Religious OCD & Mark’s Response to Hell
- 38:28 Obsessions About God’s Will, Full Time Ministry & Marriage
- 55:00 Overdosing on Spiritual Warfare
- 57:35 Thought Interpreter
- 1:04:27 How Do I “Know That I Know”?
- 1:08:40 Being Diagnosed With OCD on My Medical Record
- 1:10:52 Reviving My Creative Spirit
- 1:18:16 OCD: Disqualified Because of My Sin Issues
- 1:32:12 Offense/Forgiveness OCD
- 1:45:42 How Can I Trust That I am His?
- 1:47:25 Real Event OCD
- 1:49:04 Helping People With OCD
- 1:52:35 Confess or Move Forward?
- 1:54:42 Can OCD Makes me Lose Faith?
- 1:57:15 Passive Aggressive/OCD/Neediness
Get Your Copy of The OCD Healing Journey!
Disclaimer: The content published is for informational purposes. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your mental health professional or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your condition. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in our material.
The resources given are not designed to practice medicine or give professional medical advice, including, without limitation, medical direction concerning someone’s medical and mental health. Any resources given are not to be considered complete and does not cover all issues related to mental and physical health. In addition, any information given should not replace consultation with your doctor or any other mental health providers and/or specialists.