When Jesus was asked to summarize the most important command in the law, He responded by highlighting something that had already been spoken in the Old Testament, but He brought it to a new level of importance and application. Love relationship is what it is all about. If we do not know how to practice love, then we are missing what God is really all about when it comes to what we emphasize.
That love was first spoken of in Deuteronomy 6:5
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.”
It was reflected in Jesus words:
Jesus said to him, “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37
But what does it look like for us to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength? Does it mean to try harder? In my experience, many Christians feel defeated by this Scripture, because their perception of love is driven by peformance based Christianity. Many feel their attempts to love God are “never enough.”
Today, I want to use the harmony of Scripture to bring this command into focus. I also want to bring about ways we can enhance our love relationship with God in meaningful and fruitful ways.
- Exposing the Rejection Mindset
- The Heart Healing Journey
- God Loves Me and I Love Myself!
- Experiencing God’s Love as Your Father
To support future videos:
- Consider a one-time donation.
- Become a monthly supporter.
- Join a free month of Audible Audio Books and get 1 Free Book!
- Support our ministry work by shopping at Amazon with Our Link