This week’s episode is one where are going to be raw and vulnerable to address a subject that is on the front burner in our country right now. It has to do with the sexual interactions that harm the lives of people and also get hidden under the rug.
We’ve titled this episode “the culture of” because there is a culture that drives this vicious cycle of sexual impropriety, while keeping it going. The subject of sexual harassment and sexual assault have been brought more to the limelight in recent years, but especially of late, with the news reports surrounding Harvey Weinstein, a well-known movie producer who has launched some of the most successful movies in American film. Testimonies are coming forward rapidly with allegations of sexual assault, many of them with similar stories and details.
As this problem is brought more to the surface, are we really going to deal with the root causes of it, or will we hope it just goes away? Will it just simply go back under the carpet? What should our response be as the subject of sexual sin gets brought to the public spotlight?
In this episode, we cover the following areas:
- The background to what is happening in the exposure of sexual sin.
- What is the real problem behind the scenes that fuels these traumatic acts?
- What areas of brokenness feed the cycle.
- How men and women can both heal to honor and respect one another in greater measure.
- What drives lust.
- Is the #metoo post a safe way to share your own negative experience?
- Changes organizations can make to cultivate a healthier culture.
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!