In this week’s episode, I had a unique opportunity to share a behind the scenes story of overcoming addictions, depression and schizophrenia. You’ll hear the story of Adam Brown and his journey of receiving God’s love and the transforming power of living in sonship.
I love hearing the stories of personal transformation, but in this episode, I wanted to take you behind the scenes of someone I have had the chance to know for a long time. Because of the nature of work I do with people, the details are incredibly delicate and private. Yet in this case, Adam Brown agreed to take our conversation on the air and share what the process has been like.
From his humble beginnings in Connecticut, Adam shares his personal story of addiction to alcohol and drugs, addressing his broken heart and overcoming mental illness. His journey has had its share of ups and downs, but the love of God has been a tapestry through his whole life. I found Adam’s testimony of breakthrough to be so encouraging, I wanted others to hear about his process.
We often look for the quick and immediate breakthrough, yet most people don’t understand that transformation is a process. At each stage of this interview, you will hear both Adam and my viewpoints of what it means to really connect to Father God and practically live out the daily journey of overcoming.
In this interview, we talk about the following subjects:
- His early references for Christ and following God.
- How addictions, especially alcohol, became a battle in his life.
- Why the Father’s love has been the game changer in his life.
- What does it really mean to relate to Father God?
- The process of healing from mental illness.
- How God has helped him overcome schizophrenia.
- His journey of healing from depression and addictions.
- When he first met Joan Rivers.
Show Sponsor: Audible
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!