When the subject of heart healing is brought to the table, females will more than likely listen in quickly and embrace the process of spiritual and emotional heart healing. But why is it that so many men struggle dealing with pain, emotions or issues of the heart? Why is it than a large percentage of men have a hard time communicating what’s going on inside them and getting to the deeper issues of their heart?
We know that the enemy seeks to take out the hearts of the men in our lives, because when this happens, the man’s heart and every woman and child he interacts with will receive the manifestation of his brokenness. The fact is that men have not been equipped to experience the heart healing that God has made available to them. We often give out of what we have received, which in the case of masses of men, they have received very little mentoring in how to cultivate healthy heart living and security as men.
This issue is a spiritual plague and our culture needs change, or else the same dysfunctional patterns will continue from generation to generation. But we can’t just yell at men to get more heart connected, as we know that just makes problems worse. Nagging is not going to be the solution, although we have personally watched hundreds of females weep over the lack of heart connection that their husbands, fathers and brothers manifest in their life.
We’ve watched many relationships and marriages hit a breakpoint, where they can’t go on anymore because the man either doesn’t want to become more heart connected or has no idea how to. Personally, I have gone deep into the trenches of witnessing the heart wounds of men not being addressed, as the catastrophic damage that took place. The reality is, many men are silently crying inside, but have no tools or references on how to process life. Some are ready to explode, but they don’t see the warning signs.
Our goal in this episode is not to beat down on men, but to empower them. Yet at the same time, we want to get to some of the factors that have led us to where we are and how we can begin to move forward with greater health.
In this episode, we cover the following areas:
- The two kinds of men when it comes to heart healing.
- Why men struggle to embrace and engage heart healing.
- Why a man may resist the whole subject of heart healing.
- Developing a better strategy in helping the men in your life engage heart healing.
Resources Mentioned on this Episode:
- Book: Why Men Hate Going to Church by David Murrow
- Interview with Prince Harry: I sought counseling after 20 years of not thinking about the death of my mother, Diana, and two years of total chaos in my life
- Book: Raising Men: Lessons Navy SEALs Learned from Their Training and Taught to Their Sons by Eric Davis