Ever find yourself saying, “I am so drained” or “I am so exhausted!” We’ve all spoken those words from time to time. But what happens with those kind of statements become more than just an occasional rough day to a continual pattern that keeps repeating? Emotional exhaustion is a chronic state of being depleted emotionally and physically. We’ve all faced this from time to time, but why is it that we ignore the warning signs and keep going without making changes?
As people seem to become more and more busy, with pressures piling on top, the need to live an emotionally healthy life is more important than ever. Exhaustion takes us out away from being effective and most of all, healthy. We can’t wait until our health, relationship and mental sanity is haywire to make the changes we need to make. Let’s take the initiative to watch over our hearts and live far from emotional exhaustion.
Show Sponsor: Audible
Healing for Emotional Exhaustion
Today we want to dive in and give some helpful insights to this common issue.
In this episode, we look at the various factors that contribute to emotional exhaustion and burnout.
Signs of Emotional Exhaustion:
- An overall fatigue that is chronic.
- Relationally not present or fully engaged.
- Lack of motivation
- Forgetfulness and Lack of Concentration
- Short tempered and low patience threshold
- Low tolerance to stressful situations.
- Low appetite
We discuss personal examples of going through exhaustion and things we have discovered in the journey.
Reasons Why We Become Emotionally Exhausted:
- We don’t pay attention to the early warning signs that come up throughout our life
- We are unprepared for intense season we are in. (having a baby, new job, moving, intense relationship, combination of new events in your life)
- We are carrying burdens that God is not calling us to carry.
- We are allowing excess pressure to be put on ourselves.
- No margin in our schedule.
- An unmanaged emotional state.
- No fun!
Ways that We Can Begin Restoring Energy:
- Loving yourself.
- Restore your daily pit stop.
- Go to bed!!!!
- Practice daily meditation and stillness. .
- Take time each day and night to release:
- Recreation (Recreate)
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!