In today’s episode, we are going to confront one of the most dangerous strongholds that hinder healthy relationships–rejection. Listen in as we discuss how rejection creates a fog in our relationships that keep us from fruitfulness and clear interactions.
Rejection will program us out of our own brokenness to overcompensate in relationships, or not bother trying at all. Mark and Melissa will share their own individuals struggles they had to confront.
In this episode, we address some questions that are important to ask when it comes to detecting rejection in our lives:
- Do the constantly feel insecure in relationships?
- Do you easily become hurt and offended with people?
- Do you struggle to know who you are?
- Do you struggle with addictions?
- Do people find that you are super sensitive?
- Do peoples accusations stick to you and wont let go?
- Do you “OVER TALK” in conversations? accomplishments? Or don’t bother talking at all?
Brian Regan: The “Me Monster”:
3 Questions to Ask to Turnaround Your Relationship Struggles:
- What can I change, heal or grow in this?
- What is the negative story that needs to change? What story do I need to be following?
- What can I bring to the relationship vs take from it?
Prayer for Discerning Rejection:
Father God, I come to you in Jesus’ name, and I thank you that there is an opportunity for me to delve further into love and healing. I am starting to see that where I have not been loved properly has had an affect on my life. I need a deeper understanding of Your love and acceptance for me. I want you to come and show Your love to me. I also ask that you show me where rejection has become a lens on my perspective, so that I can begin to take my freedom back and stop living a defeated life. Help me to have discernment, so that I am not blind to what is keeping me in bondage. I know you have freedom for me from rejection. I ask that You meet me as I take this journey of freedom. Amen.
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!