In today’s episode, we continue to discuss nurture and the lack thereof, with a focus on why people fall into a habit of checking out in life. What is causing so many people to fall into what we call “checking out.”
Do you check out in life? Is it starting to become a problem? In this episode we address this problem head on and what we can do to be more present and engaged in life.
Jesus said in John 10 that he came to give us life and life more abundantly . . . life to the fullest. Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. He is a thief of the life of God from flowing inside of you.
The enemy can use negative experiences in our life and train us to fall into a “checking out” pattern, in order to avoid the pain. The problem is that we not only avoid the pain, we also do not get to engage the good in life, because our hearts have become shut down in the process. God wants to walk with you to process through the good and the bad that we face in life. He is our ultimate source for healing and fulfillment in our hearts.
Listen to this episode today and take your freedom back.
Symptoms of “Checking Out”: (with God, your key relationships, life)
- always have habits to look forward to so you don’t have to think . . .
- cant pray / cant focus on the Bible
- isolate a lot from people – especially those who care
- when problems arise, you tend to look for a way to not deal . . .
- you are very easily distracted, in relationships, conversations, classes, etc.
- you are in fantasy land . . . not dealing with reality
- you are very forgetful, especially about important things
- you spend little time thinking about how you can help someone else
- you are super busy and struggle to stop and engage with the heart
- you don’t engage anything of value passionately
- you are very passive
Why We “Check Out”:
- The pain is to much.
- We lose the value of staying engaged.
- Fear facing the issue, so we become passive and numb.
- We have no nurture skills to deal with hard issues.
What We Do To “Check Out” in Life:
- Emotionally disconnect
- Change relationships.
What To Do:
- Recognize this problem and renounce it.
- Get your heart connected.
- Become accountable to stay engaged.
- Face the pain.
- Get an overcomers heart.
- Commit to staying engaged.
Send us your questions that arise in listening to this episode.