In today’s episode, entitled, “Confronting Spiritual Hinderances,” I will break down the subject of strongholds; what they are, what they do and the affect of strongholds on our life. I will also address a question later about whether or not the enemy knows your future.
Feature Presentation: “Confronting Spiritual Hinderances”
Episode Notes: Listen to the audio by clicking the link above or by subscribing using iTunes, Stitcher or Zune
2 Corinthians 10:3-5(NKJV) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
- Though we live in a physical world, our battles are not fought in a physical dimension.
- Our weapons in God are strong to pull down strongholds.
- What is a Stronghold?
- It is a military term.
- it is a way of thinking, an impression or reasoning that goes against the knowledge of God that becomes built within us. The enemy’s counterfeit to God’s way of thinking.
- These become footholds that limit the potential and capacity you have as a believer.
- What strongholds do in your life.
- Release thoughts that block out God’s thoughts.
- Keep toxic thoughts planted that keep healthy relationship from flowing.
- Filling you with more thoughts that will have a negative effect on your body’s health.
- Limits your spiritual potential.
- Keep you bound in certain habits and ways of living.
- Casting down arguments . . .
- Casting down “every high thing”
- Every stronghold has a psychological and biological effect.
- Take every thought into captivity.
Q&A Segment: Does the Enemy Know Your Future?
Heather Melendez from East Hartford, CT asks, “I had a discussion with someone over the issue of whether or not the enemy can see your future or not. We talk about how things always get so tough as we are near a break thru, the fire gets turned up, etc. Then I felt confused as to if the enemy knows what were going to end up overcoming or is it just as were making progress, he’s mad that we’re started to break thru & getting free from what’s kept us bound? I know he knows his time is drawing near to a close…. Does this make sense?”
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!