Today’s episode is entitled, “Can you hear God Now?” where I will address how to position yourself to hear from God better. I will also help answer a question dealing with knowing God’s voice vs the enemy’s voice.
Feature Presentation: “Can You Hear God Now?”
Today’s feature presentation is called, “Can you hear God now?” I want to help you learn to hear the voice of God in your life and allow His thoughts to become your thoughts. This is a deep passion for so many believers, and it should be. We all ought to be able to sense what God is saying in our lives and what He is seeking to grow us in.
Ways That Will Help Improve Our Hearing:
- Live with a knowing that God is speaking and wants to speak to you.
- Develop a passion to hear.
- Come with a child-like heart.
- Don’t put demands on how God will speak.
- Be willing to obey what you already know.
- Don’t make it complicated or over mystical.
- Take time to treasure and meditate on God’s Word.
- Grow in understanding God’s nature . . . His love, His goodness, His kindness, His holiness.
- Become correctable.
- Be able to listen to the council of mature believers.
- Slow down your pace.
Cultivating a Lifestyle to Hear from God:
- Make time to sit and listen.
- Have your very own quiet place.
- Be still, quiet yourself and relax.
- Come before God according to His flow. (His Protocol)
- Psalm 100 – Enter His gates with thanksgiving
- Psalm 100 – Enter His courts with praise
- Psalm 100 – know He is good.
- Approach the Father in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Begin to Take in the Word of God
- Write Down the thoughts that seem to stick out.
- Submit these to a mature believer or leader who will speak honestly to you.
Q&A Segment: God’s Voice vs the Enemy’s Voice
Brooke James from Seattle Washington . . . “Hi Mark, how do you discern between God’s voice, your own voice, and the devil’s? I know God does not condemn..and we have the mind of Christ…but I seem to be very confused about what I have felt is the Holy Spirit speaking to me and then wondering if its just me or the devil…especially when what I have felt God speak is not what actually happens in my life..so maybe its just not happening yet in life and I need to trust and persevere..or maybe I made it all up.”
Question: What helps you in learning to hear God’s voice in your life?
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!