In this episode, I will be speaking on “What Are You Thinking?” Understanding how our thoughts affect us. This is one of my most passionate subjects. It is an area I struggled with for years and it is one that I love teaching on to help people to gain greater freedom in their life.
Special thanks to my son, Maximus DeJesus, for his help on the intro! I am so proud of him!
Teaching Kit Sale:
“Healing and Freedom from the Inside Out”
We are doing a special sale . . . normally 39.99 . . . til Friday
25 sessions with outlines notes for $14.99
Download MP3 – go to markdejesus.com/resources/store
Feature Presentation: “What Are You Thinking?”
In today’s episode, my subject is entitled, “What Are You Thinking?” We want to get to the nitty gritty of how important it is to understand our thought life.
We must understand that the greatest battle that there is, exists in the realm of our thinking and thoughts.
The battle of our lives comes down to how we think, which includes:
6. Our story
7. Our perception of another person’s story.
8. How we see life and relationships.
9. How we see God.
10. How we see ourselves.
You are bombarded with thoughts, voices, feelings and impressions ALL DAY LONG.
– Every human, has somewhere between 20,000 and 70,000 thoughts in a day.
– On top of this, studies are showing that the majority of people’s thoughts (approximately 80-90%) are negative, toxic and doing harm to the health of our state of mind.
Understanding How Thoughts Affect Us:
1. With every thought, comes an emotion with it.
– You have glands within your body, (the amygdala especially) that processes the emotional feelings associated with your thoughts.
– Humans are not responding to our thoughts, we are responding to how we feel about our thoughts.
– The emotion of is the body’s physiologically trained response to thought.
2. Thoughts cause us to form perceptions.
– trained reactions
– the way we see ourselves, God and other people.
– create a story, of your past, your present and your future potential.
3. Thoughts form our beliefs.
– How we see life and how we should approach life.
4. Thoughts and beliefs form who we are.
Proverbs 23:7 “As a man thinks within his heart so is he.”
– Who you are, as manifested in this world, is a culmination of the thoughts in your life that have the greatest voice.
– You will become your thoughts.
– You are currently right now, a manifestation of your thoughts.
5. Thoughts Feed Our Potential and Destiny
– you will go as far as you are allowed to think and grow in your thoughts.
– your relationships are all affected by how you process your thinking . . .
6. Thoughts Will Directly Affect our Health in the Long Term
3 John 1:2 “I pray above all things that you be in health and prosper evan as your soul prospers.”
7. All Thoughts Have a Source.
– we are created beings that need to be taught how we think and even how to think . . . how to process thought.
– when we are born, we need to be taught . . . everything.
– when you are first born as a baby, you are not like an animal, you need to be taught how to feed yourself, think for yourself and live life for yourself.
– during that journey, you have picked up thought systems and ways of living, behaving and doing things.
– some are good, some are great. Some are not so great. Some are down right killing you.
8. Not all Thoughts are Your Own.
– One of the most empowering things that every Christian needs to understand: not every thought is your own thought.
– In fact, most of your thoughts are not your own!
– If you are not able to dissect which thoughts are coming from the enemy, then you will have deep challenges in life.
– The enemy uses thoughts to weave a story about God, you and others . . . to keep you bound, to keep you in dysfunctional patterns, and keep you from health.
9. You along are responsible for what you will do with your thoughts.
– It is your responsibility to decide what to do with your thoughts.
– You are the gatekeeper of your thoughts.
(2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NKJV) 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
Question: What do you believe are the most troubling thoughts that plague our world today?
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!