In today’s episode, my subject is entitled, “The Biggest Block to Transformation.” In this I will address one of greatest hinderances that keep people from walking healed, free and changed.
I began full time ministry since 1995 and over the years I have watched something very concerning when it comes to people changing, getting free, getting healed or experiencing breakthrough. It was a dysfunctional pattern that occurred slowly. It wore people out and eventually, took them out of the race. I want to share how to this creepy parasite will begin to infiltrate your life if your not discerning. I’ll get to what this is in just a moment . . .
The message of transformation (According to Isaiah 61):
1. The Anointing of Father God. The work of Abba. The Father’s Love
2. Good News from a Good God
3. Delivered to Those Who Recognize they Need It
4. Heal the Broken Hearted
5. God releases a proclamation of freedom . . . he sends a message to us.
6. The prison doors are opened.
Isaiah 61:1 NKJV the opening of the prison to those who are bound
Notice the pattern here:
1. Good father comes with good news to those who need it.
2. He comes to heal your broken heart.
3. He sends you a message of freedom,
4. As you hear that message, you are taught that freedom is available . . .
5. The prison doors open, you step out.
Key: This last stage is critical: you have to walk out of the prison yourself!
We often wait for freedom to come, when really god is waiting for us to hear the message and walk it out ourselves. He will walk with us, but we must take responsibility for our life.
“No one can want your freedom, healing and transformation more than you.”
Benefits of Hearing the Message of Transformation and Walking It Out:
1. I learn what it takes to get free.
2. I learn what it is like to live free.
3. I begin living free before the whole picture comes together.
4. I form a belief system that creates a new story.
The Biggest Block to Transformation: when our problem, battle or struggle is no longer something we are working against to break through and break free. We become used to the prison and we settle into a place of a defeated life.
– our battle becomes our prison
– what we fought now owns us
– what we pushed against eventually wore us out.
– our sickness, illness and bondage, now becomes our identity . . .
– obstacles now imprison us into a victim mindset . . . we then develop a bunch of reasons why we cannot get healed and free. Why we cannot change.
– our prison owns us
– you quit
– you tolerate a lesser life . . .
– Battling thoughts in the mind that don’t seem to stop . . .
– Battling a sickness . . .
– Going through financial hardship . . .
What Happens When Our Prison Owns Us:
1. We develop a dysfunctional relationship with God.
2. Hope dies. Stop dreaming.
3. Passion dies
4. We get used to poison and toxicity.
5. Victim mindset
6. Self- pity sets in.
7. We Stay the same.
8. We can no longer hear the message of freedom
Question: Do you want to be healed? Do you want to be changed? Do you want to be free?
How to Walk Past this Obstacle:
1. Take responsibility for yourself.
2. Renounce living as a victim to life.
3. Begin creating a new story.
4. find people who will help feed the dreamer in your life.
5. Be ready to hear the hard truth.
6. Get up and do something!
Do something different.
Question: What different thing can you do today to break yourself out of imprisonment?
“God’s Great Dance Floor” by Chris Tomlin on Passion Album: Let the Future Begin
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!