In today’s episode, my subject is entitled, “What are You Hearing?” But before we get to that . . .
Encouraging Thought for the Week:
Don’t Take Yourself So Seriously.
1. Wherever you are, stop and just smile in the mirror.
2. Laugh at yourself when you make a mistake.
3. Let others see that you don’t take yourself too seriously.
Feature Presentation: What Are You Hearing?
In our feature presentation today, I want to talk about, “what are you hearing?” I want to help you understand the message of freedom, healing and transformation that God brings. But the question is, are we hearing His message?
The Message of Transformation (Isaiah 61):
1. The Anointing of Father God. The work of Abba. The Father’s Love
2. Good News from a Good God
3. Delivered to Those Who Recognize they Need It
4. Heal the Broken Hearted
Then God releases a proclamation . . . he sends a message to us.
Isaiah 61:1 – To proclaim liberty to the captives
1. To call out
2. To address by name
3. To cry
4. To read aloud
5. To summon, invite, commission, appoint
God is sending a message, through the work of His Son, Jesus . . . a message where He is calling you, addressing you by name, He is crying out to you, summoning you and inviting you into receiving a message that is very personal for your life.
But we have to tune our spiritual ears to hear it.
Revelation 3:22 NKJV He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
This is not just having physical ears, but a spiritual hearing to be able to hear what God is saying.This comes through a heart that is teachable . . . especially a heart that has gone through a healing process . . . this is why we must allow God to heal out hearts, so we can better hear what He is saying for our transformation . . .
Matthew 13:14-15 NKJV
14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
‘ Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them. ’
How God Brings in Change and Transformation:
1. Send a word. (thought)
2. The word is heard.
3. The word is believed.
4. The word is acted upon.
5. The activation brings change.
Everything in the Kingdom of God first happens in a proclamation or declaration being sent:
1. Genesis 1 – creation of the world
2. Old Testament – God speaking to His people
3. He sent His word and healed . . . (Psalms 107:20 NKJV) He sent His word and healed them,
And delivered them from their destructions.
4. Faith comes by hearing . . . (Romans 10:17 NKJV) So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
When a declaration is sent, it must be received with a believing heart and then activated:
– we must hear the proclamation – get a picture of freedom before we actually move into it.
– freedom is available for me.
– healing is available for me
– transformation is available for me
– change is available for me
– I don’t have to be the same person that exists right now
– “what does living free look like?”
What is being proclaimed? Liberty to captives.
– A flowing
– A free run
1. the quality or state of being free:
– the power to do as one pleases
– freedom from physical restraint
– freedom from arbitrary or despotic control
– the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges
– the power of choice
2. a right or immunity enjoyed by prescription or by grant : privilege
– permission especially to go freely within specified limits
Liberty is the quality individuals have to control their own actions.
1. the power to act, speak or think without hindrance or restraint.
2. Absence of domination
3. the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved
– free heart.
– free mind
– free body
– free to overcome
– free to move mountains
God wants to come and give you your liberty and freedom back!
– For so many, they do not walk in a way where they feel free to live and move and have their being. You are constantly restricted, in the sense of being pulled into all the ways you don’t want to be bound to. (fear, anger, despair, addictions, guilt)
– We have been slaves, but God’s message is to deliver us from slavery, but we still walk as slaves, never taking the invitation to really be sons.
– God’s message of transformation involves you becoming empowered in God to walk in freedom.
We have to be taught what it means to be free:
– Notice the message of liberty and freedom comes first.
– Because the next step involves walking into that freedom.
– We call this the walk-out.
What Liberty and Freedom is Not:
1. Liberty and freedom is not God taking everything that is evil, oppressive and binding off of you. He teaches you how to be empowered to overcome them yourself, with His strength working in you.
2. Liberty and freedom is not God changing your circumstances, but you growing up despite your circumstances into who God made you to be.
3. Liberty and freedom is not change from the outside in, but from the inside out.
– Not just healing to a disease, but healing you on the inside, which may be causing this disease to manifest
– Not just ridding you of tormenting thoughts, but helping you to see what is at the root of that oppression
4. Liberty and freedom is not just things dropping out of sky to rescue you, but ways of thinking, speaking and acting that cultivate a liberty and freedom infused life.
Liberty and Freedom Involves:
1. Knowing You Are Loved
2. Knowing Who You Are
3. Knowing a Purpose
4. Knowing How to Fight
What Interferes with our Hearing:
3. Anger (God and others)
5. Unbelief – inability to be convinced . . .
6. Wrong focus – we are looking at the wrong thing – distracted
God is saying, “Can you hear me?”
How Can We Identify the Deeper Issue that God is Speaking Liberty and Freedom To?
1. You seem to be stuck in the same situation over and over.
– you run into the same problems relationally over and over
2. Stop asking God to only change your situation. Ask Him to change you.
– By this, your circumstance will begin to change from you changing, or you will be moved out of that toxic situation.
3. You have the same toxic reactions to circumstances.
4. What things do you get so angry about in others?
5. Where are your relational breakdowns?
6. Where are we stubborn? Prideful?
Next Week’s Topic: How God opens up liberty and freedom?
– Question, in what areas do you need liberty and freedom. Write in the comment section.
Closing Song – Freedom: Lindell Cooley
Question: What do you need liberty and freedom from? What is the proclamation you are listening to? What changes do you need to make in your hearing, so that you can hear what God is saying?
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!