In today’s episode, my subject is entitled, “What Everyone Needs.” You won’t want to miss this key insight for your transformational journey.
News and Announcements:
1. iTunes Review: thank you to Alyssa Martinez.
2. New York City Q&A: you can find the article and video of my day in Times Square, New York City by going to markdejesus.com/newyork
3. Exposing the Rejection Mindset: Getting to the Root of Our Relationship and Identity Struggles is available and for sale. Pick up your copy today!
4. Join Mailing List – First person to join our mailing list will get a free mp3 copy of “Effective Journaling: Documenting the Work of God in Your Life,” a new teaching by Mark DeJesus.
Recommended Resource: Evernote
From time to time I like to take moments to recommend resources that will help you in your journey of transformation and give you some recommended tools.
This past Sunday, I taught my church how to effective journal your walk with God on a regular basis.
A tool that I use is Evernote – you can find this at evernote.com. If you are a “techy” at all, you probably already know about Evernote. Evernote is a digital filing and organizing system for all your thoughts, reference files and notes.
- Use it to store all the notes you take on teachings you hear.
- Use it to store web page articles that are meaningful to you
- You can store recipes in there.
- You can put product manuals in there.
- Use it to help you live in a paperless world.
- I use it for:
- Filing research notes. I have been filing and categorizing notes on certain topics since I was about 20 years old.
- When I listen to a speaker and I want to take notes, I use my laptop, iPad or iPhone and take notes using Evernote.
- I jot down thoughts I will use for future books, articles and teachings.
- I even store my smoothies recipes in Evernote.
- I also write my journaling thoughts in Evernote. I recently gave a teaching on the subject of journaling, called, “Effective Journaling: Documenting the Work of God in Your Life.” That resource is available in our store today!
Feature Presentation: What Everyone Needs
In our feature presentation, I want to talk about the subject I have entitled, “What Everyone Needs.”
We we all born with some very key needs. Throughout life, we develop needs as a result of what we experience or what we don’t experience. In fact, every human in the world has very similar needs in their life. Very deep spiritual needs.
Problem is: we all don’t know exactly what those core needs are. We think we do, but we are really looking at areas or issues that are not the core issues.
We Focus On:
- Freedom from a troubling thought system.
- Freedom from an addiction.
- Healing to the body.
- Change in relationships.
- Help for family.
- A bad marriage.
But there is a deeper need than those areas . . . something more deeply rooted that actually affects ALL those areas. But we often miss it because we have not been shown the importance of it. We often want to chase down an issue, but the issue we are chasing is not the main issue!
What we all really need is healing to our heart.
Isaiah 61:1 (NKJVS) He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted
What is the heart?
- It is where your treasure is.
- (Matthew 6:21 NKJVS) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Is the core of who you are and what you hold dear.
- True life, centers from the heart.
- It is where we connect from in true relationship.
- It is the combination of who we are in spirit and in soul.
- Central location of who you are and what matters to you.
- Contains the springs of the inner life.
- It is the place that contains our motives, our intent and our desires.
- Experience flows through the heart.
- There is a difference in living out of just our minds and living from a healthy heart. Life is lived best from the heart.
- In the Hebrews Old Testament, there was not really a word for mind. It was all about “heart.”
What does it mean to have a broken heart?
- to burst (literally or figuratively)
- break (down, off, in pieces, up)
- crush, destroy, hurt
We all to some degree carry a broken heart.
We don’t realize that a broken heart can come out of going through life where someone, who was supposed to love you and affirm you . . . doesn’t. It leaves you with an empty heart, which was meant to be filled with love.
We were all born with a love bucket, designed to be filled with love, acceptance and validation. When that bucket is not filled:
- cracks form
- counterfeit things come in to fill it (fear, self-hate, lack of value, lack of worth, unworthiness, shame)
- we live with lies covering our lens
- we carry a story . . . that story gets projected onto our future . . .
Key Question in Your Transformation Journey: Who broke your heart?
Why People Don’t Engage Life-Changing Heart Healing:
- They don’t think they need it.
- They think it is a one time event.
- They are blind to how their broken heartedness has affected them.
- They were never taught how to nurture the life of the heart.
- Society does not model the value of heart healing and heart health.
- Society values “success” but the definition is counterfeit.
- Society values performance and appearance.
- Society values productivity and look of achievement.
- Drivenness is the value.
- Busyness is achieved
What Happens When We Don’t Engage Regular Heart Healing:
1. We become very shallow in our journey.
– No depth for others because there is no depth in themselves.
– We talk to people in cliches.
2. We become stressed and overburdened.
– the fear factor takes over.
– we have not taken time to let our hearts be refreshed.
3. We become angry.
– What does not get processed in tears will come out in anger.
– Anger is often a protective tool that stands over our hurts.
4. We get sick.
– (Proverbs 13:12 NKJV) Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
– (Proverbs 17:22 NKJV) A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.
5. Love grows cold.
(Matthew 24:12 NKJV) And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
– Numbness to life
– Zombie effect
6. We become hopeless and unbelieving.
– hard heart
My goal is not to create a victim culture. But I also want to shake people out of their denial.
– so many people were told, just get over it.
– so many were told, you just need more faith . . . when often all you need is a mustard seed.
– so many were told “the past is the past.” This is true, unless you have not dealt with it.
– I am so passionate about helping people put their past in a healthy place, so they can truly move on.
– so many are shamed by their past . . . yet they repeat it. Their families are repeating it.
Engaging Heart Healing:
1. Recognize your need . . . your continual need.
– Most people need to hit a breaking point.
2. Begin to give God permission . . .
3. You may need to give someone permission to be a healing vessel.
4. Be ready to face things in your heart.
Question: What do you need to face today, so that you can begin walking into deeper heart healing?
Special Song: Healing Rain/Let it Rain by Michael W. Smith from the Album “A New Hallelujah“
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!