In today’s episode, I am going to address the subject of, “What Get’s God Attention” As we look to walk in healing and freedom, what is a key component that helps us walk into deeper transformation? We also have a special guest with us, Stan Doll, pastor and man on a mission to reach people globally. He has a story of spiritual reformation that I want you to hear.
Book Give Away
We are giving away a free book, Exposing the Rejection Mindset, to the following people:
- First email that gets sent to us. (feel free to use the contact form).
- First person to write a review on itunes. Please email us once you post your review, so we know you posted it.
- First person to write a comment at the bottom of this article.
Interview: Story of Transformation with Stan Doll
My guest, Stan Doll, is from California, and carries a deep passion for those who are lost, broken and in need of transformation. He is married to his wife Denise and has two children. Stan is involved in many different areas of ministry, but also has an incredible story of transformation.
TEACHING: What Gets God’s Attention
(Isaiah 61:1 NKJV)
To preach good tidings to the poor
(Luke 4:18 NKJV)
To preach the gospel to the poor
Who are the poor?
- In referring to the poor, this is not just those who are in financial poverty or are broke. Although it can include that.
- Poor, speaks of lowly, humble, week, needy, depressed in mind, or in circumstances, afflicted
- When God speaks of the poor, these are those who are in need and recognize their need.
(Matthew 5:3 NKJV) Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Poor: recognizing that in of of yourself, you are spiritually bankrupt and in need of help.
Today, we have the same problem that was present at the day of Jesus’ life on earth. People do not recognize their need for healing and change.
Want to get God’s attention? Live with a heart that recognizes you need help from God and from others.
Common Things that Keep People from Experiencing Transformation:
1. We are too proud to see our need for healing.
We don’t like to admit our mistakes, flaws or errors in our ways.
2. We are in denial of our need for healing.
We push things down for so long, we can’t even recognize it.
3. Showing that you have need or are weak means you are not successful in modern culture.
Our culture values success at all costs. Weakness is not ok. We become inauthentic in the journey.
4. We are afraid of being vulnerable, so we put up a facade.
We become trained to develop sophisticated cover ups, over who we really are.
We present ourselves as though we have arrived.
We are afraid of rejection and what people will think if we become vulnerable.
What it often takes for us to enter into true pursuit of healing, freedom and transformation? Often people have to hit rock bottom.
Question: Where do you need to humble yourself and recognize you need healing? Where do you need to recognize this in how you relate to other people?
Get Two Free Chapters!
Join our mailing list and get a free download of the Introduction and Chapter 1 of God Loves Me and I Love Myself!