In this episode, I am going to address how we can make a deeper connection with God, by knowing him intimately as our Father. Masses of people still do not know how to connect with God as a wonderful Father.
A deep cry for so many believers: “I want to feel close to God.”
Experiencing closeness to God involves being immersed in the love He has for us.
We do not understand the love of Father God because of our broken lens of what Father means.
The Key to Transformation: We must first understand who God is as Father.
1. Jesus, when He taught the disciples to pray, he taught them to say “Our Father.” (Matthew 6:9)
(Matthew 6:9 NKJV) In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
2. Jesus came to show He is the way to the Father.
(John 14:6 NKJV) Jesus said to him, “ I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
3. Jesus came to show the ministry of the Father’s heart.
(John 14:9 NKJV) He who has seen Me has seen the Father…
4. Jesus lived out of complete intimacy with the Father.
(John 5:19-20 NKJV) 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “ Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
5. Jesus always sought to glorify the Father.
(John 14:28 NKJV) ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.
(Philippians 2:10-11 NKJV) 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(1 Corinthians 15:24 NKJV) Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
6. Jesus taught the importance of going to the Father.
(John 16:23-24 NKJV) 23 “ And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
(John 16:26-27a NKJV) In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you…
With all that in mind, why do we struggle so much in relating to Father God?
When we do not have an intimacy with Father God, another father comes to become a counterfeit.
John 8:38-44 NKJV
37 “ I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”
39 They answered and said to Him, “ Abraham is our father.”
Jesus said to them, “ If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.
41 You do the deeds of your father.”
Then they said to Him, “ We were not born of fornication; we have one Father — God.”
42 Jesus said to them, “ If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
Satan uses a our poor father reference to speak lies:
1. Through our father’s harshness.
2. Through our father’s silence.
3. Through passing on the lies that he believed.
4. Through a lack of being fathered.
What kind of lies have you believed, because of your distorted father lens?
1. “I don’t have what it takes.”
2. “I am not of value, unless i perform.”
3. “I need to listen to this fear.”
4. “I will never break through this.”
5. “I am not worth….”
6. “I have nothing of value to say.”
7. “I’m gonna have to do life all on my own.”
8. “No one really cares.”
9. “People need to love me in order for me to move forward.”
10. “I feel far from God.”
1. Receive the Father’s Love today. Begin approaching Him as Father.
2. Let that love develop a confidence to go bold before God.
3. Face the lies and receive the truth.
4. Face the poor Father image and be renewed in what Father means.
Question: What lie do you need to address, because of not knowing the Father’s love?
Note: song played early in podcast episode was “No Limits (Enlarge My Territory)” By Israel Houghton and New Breed from the Album “Live in South Africa”